At ERM, hiring the best doesn't just happen at certain times of the year. We hire top talent all the time.
Are you the best at what you do?
Send us your resume. Then, let's talk.
About how your expertise can generate real results for our clients. And, how ERM can provide an enriching professional environment where you can grow and thrive.
Thanks for your interest in working with the ER Marketing team. We're always interested in talking with marketing professionals looking to advance their careers and our clients' brands.
JOB TITLE: Copywriter
SUMMARY: Are you busting at the seams with creativity? Do you have a quirky collection of pens? Do you take way too much pride in formulating the perfectly punny Instagram post? Does alliteration get your heart racing? And most importantly, do you have a desire to work with a small and tight knit group dedicated to delivering top creative solutions and results for our clients? If so, welcome home.
This position will be a unique combination of content creator and copywriter—writing long and short form content and the occasional clever headline. From emails, websites and blog entries to digital and print ads, we deliver across all mediums. If you are curious, have digital chops and understand all the different ways content is researched, written and delivered in 2018, then we want to talk with you.
With a wide range of clients and work, our creative team always has new challenges to solve. Stop by and show us your ability to write, communicate and spark engagement with the content you create.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS:
- Develop a wide variety of marketing content for websites, blogs, newsletters, marketing collateral, white papers, email and direct marketing campaigns, promotional materials and much more
- Create advertising copy for print and digital ads, including PPC and SEO
- Be able to draft copy that contains no grammar or spelling errors with perfect tense, tone and sentence construction
- Be comfortable with developing strategy and execution of elements for multiple clients in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Collaborate with other creative professionals and enjoy being part of a team
- Maintain and improve relationships and trust with fellow creative professionals as well as account service—resolve creative differences swiftly and respect the team
- Must be well spoken and have the ability to clearly communicate your ideas internally and in client presentations
- Have the ability to find answers on your own through independent research
- Have a meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Correctly identify and effectively solve problems
- Dart throwing skills preferred, but not required
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Technical Writing or a related field
- Minimum 2 – 4 years of agency experience
- Proven experience in copywriting, editing and content creation
- Demonstrated skills to develop and implement original ideas
CULTURE / BENEFITS:
- Volunteer days once a quarter for Habitat for Humanity, Harvesters and other non-profit organizations in the Kansas City area
- Happy hours, Wednesday breakfasts and other fun events planned throughout the year
- Professional development fund for every employee to use for memberships, educational events or classes, subscriptions, books, etc. to help further their career
- From time to time you can find us golfing, bowling and playing kickball. Let us know what you enjoy doing outside of work and maybe we'll work it in!
- ER has competitive compensation and a great benefits package including 401k with match, profit sharing, health/dental/vision/life/disability insurances.
- We provide paid vacation, paid holidays, summer hours and your birthday off.
If you're interested in being considered for the position please submit your resume and a variety of writing samples for review at email@example.com.